Field Service Software is Transforming the HVAC Industry!
There is no doubt, there are many moving parts to running an efficient HVAC company. Some of those moving parts include Management, Service Techs, Journeyman (or woman) and Office Administration. But there is another important part of the HVAC work flow that can’t be forgotten. –field service management.
Let’s Define “Field Service” Management
So, in this age of information, we went online and asked for the definition of “field service” and here is what Wikipedia defined for us: Field service management (FSM) refers to the management of a company’s resources employed at or en route to the property of clients, rather than on company property.
Now that we are all on the same page as to what “field service” is … we can define how field service software is transforming the HVAC industry.
The Way We Do Business is Always Evolving, Shouldn’t Your HVAC Business Too?
35 some years ago email popped up and changed the way we communicated inside and outside of the office. Then in the early 90’s the world wide web was unveiled and became an invaluable tool giving us the ability to find the information we needed to better service our customers.
So, it’s only natural in 2019 the tools we use to streamline our companies continue to evolve. For HVAC companies field service software has become a priority.
Options for HVAC Field Service Proficiency
• Field service companies can no longer get around the Mobility aspect of field service technology. In order to best service customers with real time contracts and invoices, and keeping real time data for office administrators, having mobile tools is a must.
• And with mobile tools – comes the cloud! Almost all of the field service software is connected to the cloud. It’s the main way information can be transmitted in real time allowing better communication between home base (your office personnel), your service techs and your customers.
• Programs like P3 are on the rise as well. It’s an all-encompassing web-based program that simplifies all aspects of field service management from field tech time management to user-friendly on-site service contracts and invoicing.
• Companies are also turning to analytics programs. This helps them to track expenses, job details, hours worked and inventory at the click of a button. Most programs provide easy to read reports and charts.
• We would be remiss if we left out on-line purchases. Amazon is a great example of how field service companies are fighting for the all mighty dollar. If your products are sold on Amazon, you can include the sale of the installation too! So, if Johnny Customer goes to Amazon to see “how much” a new condenser coil costs, Amazon will offer them “expert installation” and that could be your company.
For more information visit http://hvacbusinesssolutions.com